The Grove Vision
The Grove is a Marist Community of Brothers and Young Adults.
(Usually 2 Brothers, 3 young women, 2 young men)
- We see ourselves as “community” – by which we mean that we accept, respect, care for, support and are sensitive to one another.
- The spirit and values of St Marcellin Champagnat are the basic reason for the existence of The Grove. Young adults enter into the community life by sharing in his spirit and values – and so The Grove becomes more than a flatting situation. It becomes a centre of Marist spirit and spirituality.
- The normal sharing in the tasks of caring for the building and grounds turns the house and property into a home. Those we live with become our family, the people we care for and with whom we wish to share our life for this year. This calls for interest in, and support of those who make up our community.
- As a house of hospitality, a home and a family, people are welcomed. Monthly Grove Dinners are an expression of community welcome to other young adults. Community prayer, usually around the dinner table each night, becomes an expression of sharing and growth in faith. Monthly community meetings become an opportunity for education and growth in Christian and Marist spirituality.
- We are open to growth: personally, spiritually, socially.
- We aim to be of service to others: young adults, disadvantaged youth, the Church and people in need.
Is there something wrong with the information on this website? Tell us